Thursday 5 December 2013

Cortisol Sucks

So, I've been trying to get to a place where I can calmly, and neutrally talk about what happened this weekend with Jay.

I'm better, but when I start to think about it again, the anger comes back and that's a) no fun, and b) not really how I feel like talking about things.

But man, oh man.  I can't remember the last time I was so angry.

I couldn't sleep.

Even after two rounds of mindfulness relaxation, yoga, and a whole lot of deep breathing.

Had it not been 11:00 at night, I would have gone for a run just to try to get rid of some of the anger.

The only positive thing about being that angry is that it often gives me forward momentum, and in this case it put me in a stronger mental place than the sadness had me in.

Still felt awful though.

A very anger-filled kind of awful.

2 comments:

Elliott said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling like that, especially at this time of year.

I hope your relaxation techniques work and you can blow the anger out of your system.

Good luck.

Victoria said...

I hope so too Elliott! Thanks