Wednesday 8 January 2014

In Stages

We are complex creatures, no?  And I sometimes think some of us are more complex than others, but I could be very wrong on that.  Maybe we're all equally complex, but in different ways.  I don't know.

All I know for sure (a la Oprah?) is that I am very complex.  And I try to wade my way through that complexity, and to find out the things that are holding me back, and to remind myself not to be lazy with practicing the things that help me and make me better.

Something fell into my lap last month that drew me back to a part of me I haven't looked at in years.  Maybe a decade?  A while, anyway.

So I poked at it a little... and then some more... and while it can be incredibly frightening to look at things that have hurt you or things that you had to protect yourself from, it can also be a wonderful thing to work through and find healing and peace.

Vague, I know, but there are parts of me that I don't speak about with hardly anyone.  And so finding this ... thing that came my way... and being brave enough to want to look at myself in a way that may allow me to unravel a complexity, and settle into a part of me that's usually locked away could be healing.

So, here's to those moments of having something show up and trusting that it came to you for a reason, and letting it in even just a little because something deep inside tells you that's what you need to do.

What happens when you peel off the onion layers anyway?

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

This is the whole "dangerous business stepping outside the front door" thing, isn't it.

I love your blog. I should tell you that more often.

Victoria said...

Indeed. Best to stay home in the Shire...maybe...? ;)

Thanks J.