Monday 20 January 2014

Leeward

Things with Lee haven't gone anywhere, and that's ok.

I did contact him another time (and again this weekend) and he apologized for being out of touch, and lamented the fact that work was keeping him so busy he wasn't finding the time to do the things he wanted to.

And I'll just leave it at that.

He knows how to contact me if he wants to and I'd totally hang out with him again, but the way I see it, there wasn't enough of a spark on his end to make time to see me, and I'm not going to keep trying to get this guy to spend time with me when he's not showing much interest.

So, I'll look at it as a good couple of meetings with a nice fellow and a good practice and desensitization to meeting strangers and working through feeling nervous.

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

A good way to look at it, I think. Not every meet up is going to work out, but that doesn't mean it was a waste of your time. I think if you manage to learn something about yourself, it's a plus.

I know I found myself last year saying to someone I care about a lot "Please stop saying you want to hang out. If you really wanted to hang out, we'd be hanging out, instead of always talking about how much we should be hanging out." If you want to spend time with someone, I think you find ways to do it.

Victoria said...

I'm trying to train myself to look at it more positively. Plus, it's not like the other fellows who disappeared completely, so that makes it easier.

It's true what you're saying, but also ... well, yeah... it's true. I'm just thinking of two of my best friends we only see each other a few times a year because we're kind of stay at home people. It works for us although I'd totally see them more if that happened. I think I'm not making sense so I'll just see myself out ;) So, yeah, I agree.

Chris said...

it's his loss!

Victoria said...

Awww, shucks :)

Jason Langlois said...

Nope, you were making sense (you always seem to make sense).

I think there's a difference though between the people you'd hang out with more, but for good reasons you don't, and the people who are constantly saying "We should hang out more!" but never make any effort to actually hang out.

Victoria said...

Jason, if I always make sense, you may be in trouble! ;)

Yeah, that's true, "we should hang out more" is like guys after a date saying "we should do this again" when really they don't mean it.