Tuesday 25 February 2014

Most Were Rootbound

Tropical by foundimagination
This weekend I got around to re-potting some plants that have been needing it for a while.

Historically, I haven't had a whole lot of luck when repotting plants (they tend to die on me when I do) so I usually just avoid it, but a couple of my plants have been getting less and less happy (ie.  kind of dying) so it's been on my "I should probably do that" plate for a while.

So when my friend asked me if I wanted a plant of hers that I'd just need to repot I said sure, and asked if she'd help me as I wasn't great at it.  She said sure, she had quite the green thumb, and so I bought some dirt and some new pots (insert "pot" joke here) and this weekend she had a few minutes so we went out back to re-pot.

Now, as I write this, I'm still a little worried about one of the plants that hasn't really seemed to adjust too well, but the craziest thing to see was the two plants (who were the least happy) who honestly, I'm not exaggerating, we both noticed it, the minute we put them into their new home?  Looked super happy.  Like, perked right up.  Looked alive.  Were no longer drooping.  It was incredible.

I'm still hoping the transfer will continue to go well, and my fingers are especially crossed for the spider plant that maybe didn't need repotting and maybe isn't too happy (yet?) but everyone else seems to have done really well and I may be breaking my streak of making plants less happy when I move them.

Oh, and the orchid stem someone gave me at the start of the month is still doing well.  I don't even know if I should bother changing the water or just let it be.

But, yeah.  I did me some mini gardening this weekend.

4 comments:

Chris said...

good job Victoria. keep up the good work!

Victoria said...

:D

Dominic said...

Are you sure you don't mean "potbound"..?

Victoria said...

Samesies!