Saturday 8 March 2014

I Screwed Up

So I have this liquid soap that I think is pretty awesome.  It's Dr Bronner's peppermint and it's fun because it's a little tingly.  Sometimes if you get it on a paper cut or something it's stingy but in general it's just nice and minty fresh feeling.

I use it on my face every once in a while but am always really careful to keep it well away from my eyes.

Except for some reason that didn't happen the other day.

I was in the shower, and I was thinking about how I'd taken off my eye makeup already and the soap was in my hand and I felt myself put the soapy finger into my eye.  And then it burned.

Burned and burned and burned and I knew I'd done bad.

It was so bad I couldn't quite manage to get the water on it to start washing it out at first and I was trying to figure out how I was going to cope with all this and how bad was the damage and that's when I realized panicking wasn't going to help so I said, out loud to myself, hand over my eye, eye tightly squeezed shut, nose running with the burning "I screwed up."

I think it was sort of an acknowledgement to myself that I hadn't meant to do it and that I knew it wasn't a good thing.

And then I was able to start washing my eye.

After a good few minutes I was able to open the other eye and look at the soap container.  Do not get in eyes.  Yeah.  I figured.

If you do, wash eye for fifteen minutes.

Oh geez.  That bad?

So I sat in the bottom of my shower and did the best I could to get through the burning and "wash" my eye.  But it hurt.  Getting water in it seemed to just irritate it more so I'd have to sort of direct the water over it and then slightly in and then over again and my nose just kept running and I was feeling very sorry for myself but relieved that it was starting to get a little better.

Eventually it felt ok enough for me to consider opening it and I was happy I could see.  I washed it for another few minutes and when I figured I was at at least ten minutes of washing and things felt ok I turned off the shower and dried myself off.

My eye was super red, but it wasn't hurting too much to use.

My eye did an amazing job of getting rid of the red and the owie and, I'd guess, the soap but man, that was not a fun time.

Peppermint liquid soap should not go into your eye socket.

At all.

Not for any reason.

Hurts real bad like.

I really thought I was going to end up having to go see someone.  I'm really glad I didn't have to.

2 comments:

Chris said...

wowzers! not good Victoria! Glad you are okay. I've got soap in my eyes before and it's not fun!

Hope you enjoy your nice weekend :)

Victoria said...

It was about four gazillion times worse than soap in your eyes!

You have a good weekend too