Wednesday 19 March 2014

I Was Relieved

I was out for a walk with a friend the other day and we were catching up on our dating lives.

He'd broken up with his boyfriend a few months ago so I was happy to hear him say he'd been out on a date.

He told me that he and the fellow had met online and had been texting back and forth for almost a week before they met and when they met the guy was attractive (and my friend is too) and they had great conversation with no awkwardness and got along super well.

Apparently the guy walked him home, gave him a hug and said he'd had a great time and would like to do it again.

And then my friend never heard from him again.

Sound familiar?

Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me.  And I told my friend that.  I told him I totally understood how much it sucks to have met someone, gotten along great and then they just go silent.  No nothing.

Because you wonder.   You wonder what you did wrong?

And the cool thing is that I was able to tell my friend that it has nothing to do with him.  Because I'd been through it myself with my own date.

So I felt bad for him that it happened, but I was also totally relieved.  Because my friend is hot.  (And he's fun and easy to talk to.)

But if a hot guy can have this happen to them?

Then maybe I'm not so bad after all.  Maybe some people just ... for whatever reason, don't want to hang out with awesome people a second time.


2 comments:

Chris said...

when I meet new people I find that they can't be honest and want to spare my feelings. Whatever... I'm more mad you don't have to guts to say sorry, your nice but.....

anyways, Victoria, hope you are having a great day. You're looking nice today. :) Super spy hugs.

Victoria said...

It is hard to think that you might be hurting someone's feelings, I get that but I also think that in the day and age of texting it's pretty easy to back out via text... "You were cool, but I didn't feel a connection. Take care, good luck!"

Annnnyway. Thanks! And spy hugs back at cha :)