Monday 7 April 2014

Blank

Soooooooo my computer got sick.

Well, I mean, I have no idea what happened to her, just that late last week stuff started going really weird and then the next morning nothing worked and I kind of went "uh oh."

I took it over to Jason's Thursday evening and he did something smart-computer-guy related and things worked and I did another backup (Time Machine) and figured I'd take it in to get looked at anyway but then Friday morning things weren't working again so I took it in after work on Friday.

On a side note, I know it wasn't intentional but I felt a little talked down to at the computer place and that was frustrating because I don't know enough to stand up for myself so when the guy said he thought it was a full hard drive I was like, well, I'm pretty sure it's not, but he said it seemed like it and I felt like a stupid woman who should just smile and nod and go put on an apron. (On a side, side note, I told Jason this and he said that yeah that unfortunately happens sometimes and that no, his computery report stuff said it was not a full hard drive. So HA! Take that condescending-man!)


Anyway, I hung on to my old MacBook so I'm not completely without internet but man this darling is slow. Which is a totally whiny thing to say and I'm grateful to have a computer at all but I do miss my new girl.

I was apparently quite smart and bought the extended warranty coverage so am hoping that it will cover whatever's wrong and that it won't take them too too long to get it fixed and back to me. (Please?)

This computer also has to be plugged in constantly as the battery no longer holds a charge. In fact, the computer doesn't see it as existing. So I feel bad for the amount of energy I'm pulling out of the wall right now.

I also sort of forgot how many things I use a computer for at home and so some things are sort of only half or partially done.

I'm also missing the ability to stream a video or buy one from iTunes to watch quick and easy.

Again... first world problem, I know. But if my posting is light this week or anything, you know why.

My main girl's sick, and this computer is elderly and I'm just trying to do what I can with what I have.

Cross your fingers for us, eh?

No comments: