Friday 25 April 2014

I'll Get Over It

Something's still weird with the flickr/blogger interface but I'm just not going to worry about it.

It's not the end of the world, really.  (Even if I stared at my web page far too late last night wondering why on earth it looked so weird... and what was with that massive amount of white space anyway?)

But, yeah.

So hey, guess what?

Every time I think I can have Jay back in my life in some positive way, he manages to show me otherwise.

Yeah.

So I've been thinking about a lot of things and I do still miss Jay's company and I guess I sort of wondered if maybe we could hang out sometime or if the sexual attraction we have would just get in the way of anything.  So I figured, after thinking about it for a week or so, that I'd just send him a text and see what his thought on it all was.

So I sent him a text the other week.

"Hey, how's it going?"

You know, neutral, positive, checking in since we haven't had contact in a few weeks.

And the text I got back?

"Hey, it's going great, who's this?"

So he's deleted my contact information.

Which.. fine.

I mean, I'm sad, sure.  I thought that when he said he always stays friends with his exes that that meant we'd always sort of hover in the background of each other's lives.

And I suppose in some way it gave me a comfort to know he was around and that I could probably cuddle or smooch him at some point in the future if I wanted to or needed to or something.

And so the fact that he... got rid of me?  Made me sad.

Made me miss all the things I thought he was.

But it also felt like the Universe keeps politely trying to tell me to just effing move on from this dolt already.

So, yeah.  I guess Jay and I aren't even friends anymore.

Shrug.

7 comments:

kandijay said...

:( Did you remind him who you were, or was that the end of the exchange?

I once had a guy break up with me "before we get too serious and can't be friends anymore." He never spoke to me again. I ran into one of his exes a few years later, whom he claimed was still one of his best friends. Her take? "Friends? He says hi to me when he see me about twice a year. So I guess remembering my name means we are good friends?" I could see then why she broke up with him. :)

Victoria said...

I did not bother reminding him who I was... just left it.

Chris said...

sorry Victoria! you're better off! have a great weekend!

btw, I bet you are an awesome cuddler! :)

Melanie said...

You really need to listen to the universe. The universe is giving you amazing advice.

Victoria said...

You too Chris. And yes, I like to think I'm a jolly good cuddler ;)

True dat Melanie :)

Meg said...

Not sure if this is a good thing to say or not - but are you SURE he didn't know who you were?
Maybe he was trying to make you think he has forgotten and move on!
After being close with someone and texting often, it's pretty hard to forget a number..my ex called the other day after a year of not speaking...and I recognised the number a bit! I couldn't exactly say who it was but I knew the number was familiar!

Maybe he was just trying to be kool!

Victoria said...

Yeah, I suppose he could have been trying to be kool ;) But that's not really his thing.