Wednesday 23 April 2014

Twenty, Maybe

A few of us from work went to a Music Bingo night at a pub the other week.

It was a blast, as it always is and we all had fun.

I'm remembering this because yesterday's post title, of course, is a twist on a great song that came up at the Bingo night, "Stuck in the Middle With You."

(Now I think I thought it was a Steve Miller song for a long time but that's not really the point.)

So I'd seen that that song was on the next Bingo card and since we were on a mid-game break, I went to pee.

I guess I was singing the song without really knowing it (thanks gin and tonic!) because a lady in the stall next to me said "hey, isn't it weird to think that song came out forty years ago?"

And then my brain exploded.

I am pretty sure that the seventies were not forty years ago you guys.

Forty years ago was like the fifties or something.

I'm pretty sure.

Right?

6 comments:

Elliott said...

Love that song. My brain did the same thing when Sweet Emotion finished on the radio on my way home yesterday and the DJ said that Aerosmith could have released that song last week and it would still be as good as it was when it was released in 1973...how did that happen???

AFST said...


Hmmm....

My abacus is telling me that it was 40 years ago.....

Victoria said...

1973? Yeah right. Try 1983 maybe... (gulp)

I can't hear you AFST, my hearing horn is lost!

AFST said...

Not to fret, Victoria-I'll just send you a telegram.

*Now I really can't tell what era we're in now!

Victoria said...

I'm using semaphore to respond to your comment!

AFST said...

Oh, darn it.

I seem to have run out of firewood.

For these smoke signals, you know.