Thursday 29 May 2014

Canadian Maple

Hey!  I can't believe I didn't tell you!

A couple of weeks ago, I went out with some friends to a show.

We were running a little late and so were hustling a dinner in a pub close to the event so we would still get there in time, but also wouldn't be hungry or whatever.

As we were leaving, I came back from the bathroom and overheard a conversation at a table near us.  Ordinarily I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but the fellow who was talking was talking about Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and so I glanced over to see who it was who was talking about two of my favourite bands.

And my brain went, HEY!  HEY!  EEEEE!

Because sitting there, was someone I've "known" for the better part of a decade, but have never met.  It was a flickr friend who has been a flickr friend since I first joined flickr!  We've admired each others' photos and exchanged messages for years now, and he's got photos of himself on his account so I know what he looks like, but we've never actually met.

I felt like a total dork, but I had to say hi so I did, and fortunately my brain even remembered his real name and I was able to introduce myself by my not real name (because, well, yeah) and we hugged and laughed and it was so awesome!

I had to take off, but we were both happily surprised that our paths had finally crossed, and my friends kept asking me if that was really the first time we'd met.  Yes!

It's funny, because had he not been talking about Zep, I would not have stopped to see who he was and we would never have met.

Life can be awesome that way, you just have to let it be awesome.

So, yeah, I met someone I've "known" but not actually ever met before and it was awesome!  Yay life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that s awesome! i get ya!

Victoria said...

Yay! :)