Saturday 28 June 2014

Vent

Please just let me vent.

I know it's a matter of me just having to suck it up but I really want to go to Burning Man and I really don't want to have to travel with (potentially weird or not-likeable) strangers.

I JUST WANT IT TO WORK!

I know I can always just not go this year but I'll be so so sad, but I also know I'll be sad and feel awkward if I go and am going and camping with people I don't know.  I know the whole spirit of the thing is to go and meet new people but I'm not that person.  I'm not ready to be that person.  I need a little bit of a safety blanket, a little bit of a safe comfort zone and right now I don't have one at all.

I don't have anyone, and I'm feeling like it's crunch time and I don't see how it's going to work.  I sort of felt like Jay was my hail mary and I really wanted it to work and it hasn't so now what?

Jason can't go.  My friend from work isn't going.  My friends from last year aren't going.  I don't feel safe or comfortable going by myself.  None of my other friends want to go, I don't know what to do.  I don't want to hook up with strangers to go.

I want a better solution than that and I don't know what to do.

Please, please, please Universe... Playa... Karma... whatever... please help, please!

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I hope the universe comes through! Please!

Victoria said...

Me too, Jason...