Wednesday 6 August 2014

Crick

I owied myself on my bike this weekend.

Not a crash or anything, I'm totally ok and road rash free, but it was a timely reminder for me, for sure.

I biked over to Jason's (for the first time) and although it wasn't a particularly long bike (fifteen... twenty minutes?) there was something about the ride (more traffic maybe?  more hills?  just my ... tension that day?  who knows) and by the time I got to his place, cooled down (because yeah, I'll go riding at lunch time on a super hot day, duh!) my neck and shoulders were killing me.

Like, as bad as when I was first in the car accident with C-Dawg.

Damn.

I say it was a good reminder, because I'll be riding a ton at Burning Man and although BRC has no hills, I do have to try to think about my posture and not hunch the entire time.

Jason's good with bikes and so he's going to help me raise the.. uh... stem thing (?) and hopefully that'll let me straighten up a bit and not have to hunch over but man...that did not feel good, and I'm glad I learned that lesson here where I can go to my own bed and use a heating pad, etc. etc.

Although... I did find last year on the desert that my achy things didn't ache with the heat and stuff so...

Anyway.  I owied my neck riding this weekend.  I'm glad I have a bit of time to try and fix that before spending a week on my bike.

4 comments:

Army of the Frenetic said...

Perhaps it's time to break out those training wheels...?

Victoria said...

How do you know I don't already have them on!? ;)

Army of the Frenetic said...


Mind. Blown.

*Stands and applauds*

Victoria said...

*bows*