Wednesday 27 August 2014

*Shaking Fist At Things*

One of the major differences between my prep for Burning Man this year and last is my social media connections.

Now, on the plus side, being on all the social media thingamies did connect me with a ticket, it also made me annoyed.

Annoyed at people who were... well, no need for details... annoying me.

And that's not what I wanted to think about going into Burning Man.

I'm not sure it did anything good for my nerves either, seeing so many other people being nervous or not having a ticket or whatever. 

On the plus side, I did get to see awesome photos of the setup of the city and the art, so that was good.

I'm not sure how connected I'll stay to the Burning Man community online once I'm home, or maybe it won't matter for another 10 or 11 months...

But, yeah, it was frustrating, especially in the last weeks of planning and prep to find myself judging and being irritated by people online.

It kind of doesn't make sense...