Monday 27 October 2014

Sigh

I'm really tired.

Last week was exhausting (work related) and I had a few nights over the past few days that included me in bed by nine.  And sleeping for ten, eleven hours.

I'm sure it's partly the change in seasons and weather and whatnot, but it's also partly life right now.

Work, although I don't talk about it it exhausting and draining.

Supporting Jason is mentally and emotionally exhausting.  Don't really know what to do about that.  We have some fun times hanging out here and there but they're few and far between and there's a lot of draining stuff in the in-between.

The idea, however, of dating and trying to find a new partner is even more exhausting and so it's not as if that thought fills me with hope and delight.

I was reminded this weekend that it's the time of year to get flu shots and I'm ironically feeling too tired and drained to even get myself to the doctor for one.

I know this means I should be taking extra special care of myself and eating extra well and all that good stuff since I am drained and exhausted in all ways, but all I want to do is lie on my couch under my blanket and not do anything.

I'm aware of my physical health and keeping a decent balance there, but the emotional stuff and drain is harder to balance.  Not feeling like I have a whole lot to pick me up right now and that can be a negative cycle if you're not careful.  Too tired to do anything that would make me less tired etc etc

So I guess I'll just keep putting myself to bed early and doing the best I can with what I have and pushing myself to write and shoot and draw and stuff.

Is there any way we can not do the time change thing this year by the way?

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I really hate the time change thing, though part of me wished we would only just roll back the clocks an hour each time. That way, we'd just always be getting an extra hour of sleep twice a year (though I supposed eventually waking up in the pitch dark would be a downside).

As to the other stuff, I wish I could give you a hug and a boost of energy. The weather definitely doesn't help - I find this sudden grey and rain always makes me want to huddle up indoors and avoid people, too.

My hope is that things get easier and better for you. Make sure you have a comfy blanket to be under, at the least.

Victoria said...

Comfy blanket, check and check! (One on my bed, one on my couch) :)

Elliott said...

This time of year is always tough. The weather is not the nicest, days are getting shorter, and the outdoor activities are going away. I struggle with the blahs this time of year too.

It's no fun when work is stressful busy and doubly sucky when home is tough too. I know it's hard, but try to get some exercise in...it helps so much. All those good for you chemicals floating around your brain after exercising...tough to get off the couch, but you feel better after.

We don't have satellite or cable right now, so I'm starting to go the Y to do an hour of cardio and watch a period of the Leafs. Gets me some exercise and lets me see part of the game (enjoyable even though the Leafs are not good right now). Maybe there is something like that for you?

Failing that...flannel jammies and lots of good books.

Victoria said...

I know I'd feel better if I'd just go but... that's the hardest part. Good for you (if not good for the Leafs)