Monday 8 December 2014

Rest

There's a special kind of tired I'm dealing with these days.  It's not a physical thing exactly.  It seems to start in my head and work its way down from there... more of a mental exhaustion than anything.

I went to bed at 9 Friday.  Slept right through til 9 Saturday.  Had a delicious moment first thing Saturday morning curling back under the covers knowing I didn't have to get up.

I have a lot of stress right now I guess.  Work, finances, Jason, life... and I'm tired.  Probably Winter blues, short days, fighting off everyone's colds and flu tired too.  Saturday night saw me heading to bed at nine as well.

Wishing I could just cry it all out, all the stress... bawled my eyes out at a tv show or two last week.  It helped, emotionally speaking, even if I did wake up with puffy eyes.

Saw the lighted truck parade this weekend too, made me think of Burning Man and all the lit up art cars.  Just a few more weeks until the days start getting longer again, that's a good thing to think about.

Frustrated with myself for a few reasons... that's a hard one.  But, anyway, it's another new day, new week, let's hope it's a good one.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I totally understand what you're talking about. I feel like I'm in the same boat - stress, shorter days, flu, dealing with other people stuff. It really does take a toll, and leaves me exhausted, but also needing a release.

In my case, I'm trying to get back to exercise and restoring my daily routine. And video games.

If only work, other people, and the need to do chores wouldn't keep getting in the way.

Thanks for reminding me that we're only a few short (hah) days away from the solstice and the returning of the sun.

Victoria said...

Hurry back sun, we miss you!!! And, yeah, people dropping like flies cold/flu wise!