Friday 20 February 2015

Huh?

And in the strangest notice I've probably ever received....

"Dear Residents, we will be replacing ALL shower heads with high efficiency shower heads over the next two weeks."

Um... ok?

It's just.. weird?

(And as if it wasn't odd enough, they're giving us "48 hours notice" as required by law but a two week span of 9 hours a day they might be showing up to do it and I'm having a hard time feeling like I'm comfortable with that.)


Updated Saturday morning to add:  They just came by and gave me the new head so I can use the one I have and replace it with this one when I move out.  Yay.

6 comments:

Elliott said...

That could make for some awkwardness...

Don't blame you for not being comfortable with that notice period...seems oddly open-ended to me.

Jason Langlois said...

High Efficiency means you're probably going to end up spending 3-4x as much time in the shower trying to wash off the soap.

Army of the Frenetic said...

So what happens if they walk in and you're using said shower head during a shower?

O.o

Victoria said...

That's what's leaving me feeling a little creeped out E... I have no idea when they'll be here or might have been here or... may yet be here? Awkward.

Well, not only that Jason, but I've already changed mine out for a new one so now I'll have to change out the new new one they put in with the old one so they don't take the new one I bought... or something?

I know, right AotF??? Fortunately, I have a chain thingy so they won't actually be able to get in. Happened once before a number of years ago... they didn't think I was home so knocked and opened and were only stopped by the chain. Gah.

Army of the Frenetic said...

A better option, no doubt, would be for upper management to leave the shower heads with the office manager and have the residents collect them.

But that seems too...ah, straightforward. Seems like they just want to poke around.

Victoria said...

Well they JUST did suite inspections last week so poking around's all done. (?)