Tuesday 17 March 2015

Oh

I don't really like being the butt of a joke...or being teased even.  I don't know, it just always sort of makes me feel sad and like it's a little bit mean.  I understand that it's usually not meant to be mean and is generally harmless but still... it's not my favourite thing.

Which is why I'm feeling a little "ouch" from yesterday morning.

C-Dawg was talking to our head honcho about the trainee (who doesn't start for a while, mind you) and mentioned that he was cute and head honcho chuckled and asked if I was "already planning the wedding."

Which I found amusing when C-Dawg told me but now is just kind of hurting a little.

It's probably hurting because it makes me feel like everyone thinks I'm desperate to be married when that was probably not the intention at all.  It was probably just a comment on me being (I think?) the only single woman there and...yeah.

But still.  Licking that wound a bit today.  (Even though it's probably just all in my head.)

And happy green day if that's your thing.

5 comments:

kandijay said...

I get that. I blush easily, so total strangers like to tease me about it. I hate that. I don't like it when people I know do that. As a child I was painfully shy, so the fact that I am among people everyday without having a panic attack is a huge accomplishment. Don't pick on me for something I have no control over.

And I blush easily because of my Scotch/Irish heritage. So Happy St. Patty's day!

Victoria said...

Ugh, it's even worse when they then point out that you're blushing! I hear you

Yvonne said...

Even as a joke, that seems like a really inappropriate and sexist comment, especially for a "head honcho" type to make. (Why wouldn't the new guy be the one "already planning the wedding?!". Just as valid, yet apparently it's still more acceptable to be a bachelor than a "spinster". Ugh.)
Sorry for the rant, I was hoping society was becoming more progressive than my parents' generation. :/

Victoria said...

Sigh...yeah.

kandijay said...

Word, Yvonne.