Saturday 25 April 2015

Another One, Ugh!

I had another "family Burning Man" stress dream/nightmare Saturday (early) morning.

We (my entire family this time, not just Mom and Dad) woke up the morning we were to be leaving for Burning Man (they'd all decided they wanted to come this time) and it was already 7:30 and no one was ready to go.  This was stressing me out.

And then they told me they didn't need bikes and were just going to walk (ARGH, I'D TOLD THEM IT WAS TOO BIG FOR THAT AND THAT YOU NEEDED BIKES, ARGH!) and that no, they didn't have any shade shelters because they didn't think they needed shade (ARGH IT'S A DESERT AND NONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HOT IT IS AND NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH YOU ALL?)  And none of them were hurrying to get packed and I kept trying to explain that if we didn't leave now, we wouldn't get there by dark and then wouldn't be able to set up our tents and would have to sleep in the car (van?) and that that would be uncomfortable so we had to leave, were already late to leave (I mean, because apparently in the dream Nevada is only one day's drive from here) and no one but me cared and I was getting so stressed. 

I finally, in the dream, considered calling Connor to ask if they weren't too far away (sure they'd already left, they knew how important it was to leave on time) and could come back and get me because this wasn't going to work but I woke up before that, but not before I realized I hadn't remembered to book my US cell plan and my travel insurance.

Ugh.

So I'm glad my brain found a way to get some of the week's stress out, but man oh man that was a stressful dream.  Haven't had one yet where bringing my family/parents is stress free.  Guess my psyche is not so subtly trying to tell me just to let that idea go, eh?

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I wish I had dreams as nutty as you. Haven't had a crazy one for ages.

Victoria said...

Go to Burning Man, that'll fix it! ;)