Thursday 16 April 2015

Longer

I was thinking yesterday that I'm starting to get used to the longer days.  Used to them, and liking them.

It's still strange, for example, on bootcamp nights, when I've been getting ready and driving there in the dark since September to all of a sudden be looking at the clock and realizing it's time to get ready when it's still light out.  A very odd feeling.

But I also am starting to appreciate how the afternoons do feel longer.  So I do feel like I have more of a day.  Or more time after work, I suppose.  And that's nice.

I'm still not sure the time change itself is necessary or helpful as the days were starting to lengthen on their own anyway.

But it is nice to notice the daylight being around for longer.  Hi Daylight.  I like you.  A lot.

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

Longer evenings mean the kids want to stay up later :)

Victoria said...

Yay?