Friday 10 April 2015

Much Appreciated

Had an awesome experience at a (I don't even know what to call it...) cafeteria(?) the other day.

For reasons I'm still not entirely sure of, I ended up needing to grab lunch out and was happy to see the option of a gluten free bun with a burger.  I got the combo with fries and was waiting for my order to be filled.

The chef fellow called me over and told me that the fries were coated in flour.  Awesome.  I mean, not awesome, I didn't get to eat my fries, but awesome that he noticed I was getting the gluten free bun and made sure I knew the fries weren't gluten free.  I didn't think to ask and so wouldn't have known.

I so appreciate people who pay attention to details like that and people who know their job so well. 

Thanks for saving me from myself chef guy, you rock, and my entire health thanks you!

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

We have become unwitting experts at this (eldest is coeliac). It still annoys me that most frozen chips are coated in a gluten based glaze.

Victoria said...

*Shakes fist at chips*