Tuesday 21 April 2015

The Littlest Ones

I'm hoping I figured something out about the ants in my place.

See, the little tiny ants came back early this year and I got traps and spray and stuff but they didn't seem to do much besides keep them out of sight for a few days.  I told the building manager people and they got a company to come in and deal with them (I imagine they sprayed and left glue traps.)  And then I let them know that that had not changed the situation so they came back and sprayed.

And the next morning I still had ants.

I didn't bother to tell the manager people because I don't want just another spray of chemicals when it clearly hasn't gotten anywhere near the source.

But then they showed up in my bathroom.  Never before have they showed up in another room so this bothered me.

I sprayed by the radiator and put a trap there and then I had a thought.

What if the ants were attracted to the heat of the (water) radiators and were somehow using the pipes in the wall to.... travel and then... hmmm...

So I cleaned out around the big radiator in my main room (where they've tried spraying and left the  glue traps that have not caught anything but silverfish) and turned it off.  I'm going to watch for the next few days to see if maybe turning off my main radiator (I need to keep the one in my bathroom on I think because I have no fan in there and I like to think the radiator helps to keep things dry...ish?) will make them find somewhere else to explore?

And, I should still probably get some more poison trap things and, well, I should probably inform the building manager people too.

I do feel a little bad for the ants, it's not their fault really, I just don't want them around inside my apartment.

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

That's weird. We've had ants in a few times, but only because the kids left food out.

Victoria said...

I don't want to jinx anything by saying anything out loud but.... I think I might have been right?