Wednesday 29 April 2015

Titles

I was thinking the other night about the title of this space.

I've been writing here almost nine years now (which is almost ten years, which is really quite...odd) and I remember probably five or six years ago, someone in my life pointed out that I was sending a pretty loud signal to the Universe.  She felt that I was shouting pretty loudly that I was single, and that the Universe was going to listen to that and bring that back to me.

Ok.  Fine.  I get it.  I've thought myself into being forever single.  Shrug.

I don't give advice a whole lot either.

The name of the blog came to me when the first posts started writing themselves in my head... if you go waaay back in time you'll see I did start by writing actual "letters of advice" to random things and people and so once I had a few of them piled up in my brain I figured the blog was advice... and since I figured I'd be talking about being in the dating world... well, it just seemed to work for a title.

So have I stuck myself in a feedback loop of being single?  Maybe.  Right now I just kind of give up on it all anyway.

I don't know if I'm being overly defeatist but I just don't see me finding someone who has everything I would want in a partner/relationship so I will just work on accepting that it's going to be me, just me and I'll have to be ok with that.

I feel kind of disappointed by that because I do so love cuddles and having someone to share with and do things with.  Jason has been filling that roll for most of a year now but he's in a place right now where he can't, so I'm in the not nice feeling spot of not wanting to date or deal with a new person, and feeling like he won't be what I want/need anyway, but still wishing I could help Jason feel better about things and it's all just blah.  Blah and ick and sad and hard and so that is probably partly why my brain went to where it did.

Should I change the name of the blog?  Words from a.... woman?  I don't know what it would change to, quite honestly.  So it is what it is and if the Universe is feeding off of my blog's title and catchphrase, then I suppose I'll just have to choose a lot more carefully next lifetime.  Or blog-time, or whatever.

And yeah.  I'm single.

*shrug*

4 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I had the same dilemma last time I renamed my blog (and I am the expert, let's face it)

HamiHarri said...

I've been following you on and off for years and each time I check it I wonder if your blog title still applies. I'm not sure if I believe in the idea that if you keep "single" in your blog name, you'll remain single, but there is nothing wrong with changing things up a bit. Or not. I think your current blog names is catchy :)

Chris said...

advice from a super spy?

Victoria said...

You really are Jonathan! ;)

Thanks Hami :)

I do that Chris, and suddenly CSIS shows up at my door! ;)