Monday 11 May 2015

Bringing You The Important Stuff

Hi.  I hope you had a nice weekend and if it was Mothers' Day where you are that you hugged your Mom and all that good stuff.

I did something this weekend for which I have created this P.S.A.  Yes, that's right, a public service announcement.

Do not close the closet door when your head is still in the door.

You're welcome.

I ... somehow... put something away in my closet and then as I was still looking at the thing, closed the door.  Pretty hard.  On my head.

Really?

Yes.  Seriously.

And I was on the phone at the time so I have a witness to what happened next.  Which was me swearing.  And then crying (because it really really hurt) and then crying some more while going to get ice and then cry laughing while trying to explain what had just happened because I mean really, who closes a closet door on their own damn head and it really hurt but I felt dumb at the same time and it was pretty silly but ow.

I still have a bruise.

From closing a door with my head in the way.

*shaking my head at myself*

So I wanted to make sure I let you know not to.

Get your head out of the doorway before you close it.

The end.

(Ow)

4 comments:

Anne Roy said...

Why were you talking on the 'phone in the closet?
Reminds me of decades ago when a school chum of mine ran over her own foot when slowly backing her car out of the drive ... that was her story anyway ...

Hope the pain has eased & that if the bruise is clearly visible you have a good story to explain it ...
Cnd Anne in England

Victoria said...

I wasn't even doing that Anne! Just... not paying enough attention!
;)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I once opened a car door, and leaned in over the door as I opened it - the frame around the top of the door hit me in the head, and nearly knocked me out.

I've also headbutted kitchen cupboards that were left open above me so hard that my legs have buckled.

Victoria said...

Oh geez!