Friday 5 June 2015

Dude

So I'm sitting there after work yesterday, noodling away on my laptop when something catches my attention out of the corner of my eye.

You know how without even looking you can just see that something's there that's not meant to be there? 

So I look up and on the building net to me there is a man.  A guy.  Wearing his safety gear and doing some sort of rooftop check.

He looked down and over my way and smiled so I smiled back.  He waved.  I gave him a big wave back and went on with my laptopness as he went on with his roof...ness.

Did make me feel glad that I wasn't the time of day for me to lie in my birthday suit and catch rays through the window.

And typing that now, I'm realizing that there's no way for me to know if a roof worker guy may have accidentally seen my bum before!  D'oh!

Ah well, at least this roof person was friendly.

Still a strange sort of thing though.  To look up and realize someone was where they weren't supposed to be!

4 comments:

Anne Roy said...

Ah but he was where he was supposed to be ... he was doing his job.

He waved to you ... you did not need to wave back ... why did he wave? Perhaps he feels he knows you having already seen your bum!

Or perhaps / likely not ... one would think he would concentrating on his job.

Anne, Cdn in England where it is SO crowded every window has 'net' curtains.

Victoria said...

He was where he was supposed to be, but just not where humans are often meant to be? And yes, maybe he was like "hi person, I've seen your bum!" ;)

Hopefully not. And hopefully he was concentrating on checking the roof... thingamy and not falling off :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I often wander around on a morning getting dressed, and open the curtains without thinking. One day I'm totally going to get caught out.

Victoria said...

Yep. By a random guy on a roof!