Tuesday 16 June 2015

Risky

I made a somewhat risky executive decision this weekend; one that I hope I'm not going to live to regret.

It was early Saturday morning.  And by "early", I mean, it was already light out.

I didn't check the clock but it could have been five.  Or six.  Not seven.  Let's say five..ish.  It was early.

Early enough that I didn't want to be awake and wanted to continue to be asleep.

Except "bzzzzzzzzzzzzz" .... mosquito.

Argh.

Woke me up.  Woke me up because I swear the noise of those things wakes me from the deadest of sleeps.

I opened my eyes, saw that it was morning, and made the decision to just pull my sheet over my ear.

My logic (half asleep) was this:  I don't want to wake up and try to find the mosquito.  But I also don't want to get bit.  If I cover my ear with the sheet, maybe I won't hear it as much and maybe it won't be able to find me to bite me.

And then I apparently went back to sleep.

I have no idea where said mosquito might be, or if it's perhaps lingering in my bedroom to wake me up in the middle of the night somewhere this week, or if it gorged itself on me and I just haven't noticed, but, yes... Saturday morning, I chose sleep and a sheet.

The end.

2 comments:

Anne Roy said...

One cannot say you are an indecisive woman ...

Anne, Cdn in England where there are NO screens on windows ...

Victoria said...

I'm the only person in this building who has screens. I need me some at least minor protection! ;)