Thursday 2 July 2015

A Whine

So we know that my tummy isn't always a happy place, and I maybe sometimes spend too much time when it's upset trying to figure out what it is that's upsetting it with the theory I could avoid it next time.

Well, life since Friday has been a little unsettled, and the weather is also continuing to be warm, and there was a bug going through work a couple of weeks ago.  So I don't know if it's nerves/upset/whatever emotional stuff or if it's the weather or Summer or just what, but I'm not wanting to eat and it's not fun.  I've been eating as best I can but... yeah.

I also suspect it's mainly nerves and things not being calm and expected or however you put it.  Un-grounded?  And maybe a little bit the heat.  But more the worry/unsettled feeling.

Which I think has something to do with work, and something to do with Friday's fellow and something to do with dragging out my Burning Man bin to go through it and just smelling that smell that to me means Burning Man and my brain running through what all that means in terms of the heat and the discomfort and yes how much I love it but also how difficult it is and sometimes I question why I'd put myself through that.... but I think that about travelling in general, really.  I dunno.

Yeah.

Ok. Just wanted to whine about it.  Sometimes a little whine can make things better.

Ish.

Or not.

I should get groceries though... except no.

2 comments:

Elliott said...

Whine away, you're allowed.

I too, have not the greatest tummy. I've found over the years to avoid the worst offending foods and eat the others with moderation. I still get an upset tummy sometimes, but live with it cuz I know I enjoyed something I maybe shouldn't have eaten. Oh well, life is short.

Try focusing on only the reasons you go to Burning Man. These obviously significantly outweigh the minor annoyances that always show up otherwises you would not have so much passion amount the event.

Work is work...all you can do is try to leave it at the door when you leave...I know, easier said than done.

As for the new guy...fingers crossed the tummy feelings morph into something super special for both of you.

Victoria said...

Well, the good news is (other than an extra few days off this week, yay!) is that it's lunch time and I'm hungry and I have something I want to eat! Hurrah!

And, yes, working on all those emotional calming thoughts for sure :)