Friday 31 July 2015

Mawwage

So C-Dawg done got married.  To a guy I swear she just met the other day.  Really.  Maybe?  Apparently not.  (Go figure.)

The entire thing was lovely and perfect and I didn't think I'd be all that emotional but when I saw her coming down the aisle (even though I'd spent all day with her and seen her in her dress all afternoon) I couldn't hold it back.  It was seeing how happy she looked and knowing how happy she is with her relationship and her now husband!

The food was excellent, the venue was beautiful, the speeches were sweet (including mine, whew!) and everyone looked gorgeous/handsome.

I was nervous that morning, and super nervous about my speech and then nervous about the ceremony but I needn't have been.  Not long after the ceremony I crashed pretty hard.  I'm guessing it was all the adrenaline and excitement leaving my body, I could have gone to sleep before dinner even started!

It wasn't a late night, which worked for everyone and I got to take them to their honeymoon/night of wedding place after.

I then went straight home to wash off the makeup and eyelashes and to pull the 41 bobby pins out of my hair!  Forty one!  Wowza!

I couldn't fall asleep that night until past two, but was wide awake the next day at seven so it was a pretty slow day for me.

C-Dawg is happy, her hubby is happy, and I don't think any of us could have asked for a better experience.

I've laid super low this week, feeling pretty drained, but the long weekend approaches here and I'm hoping to have some nice outside times if I can find co-conspirators.

I also have to get myself back into my blogging habits as my brain seems to have forgotten how to make stories to share, but I also have a few weeks away coming up so August may be a bit sparse if I don't get my pre-written game going!

Hope all is well on your end and if you're in Canada you enjoy your August long weekend.  Oh, and the "blue moon" full moon tonight too.  Cool beans man.

5 comments:

Elliott said...

Good thing there were no metal detectors at the wedding...you would have lit it up like fireworks...41 bobby pins! Guess your hair would have survived a windtunnel...

Sounds like everything was storybook perfect. I'm glad for all involved.

Enjoy your long weekend. For the second long weekend in a row, we'll be spending it in the US with me working. So much fun...

Jason Langlois said...

Weddings are such an emotional time. I'm glad it was perfect and that you had a good time (41 bobby pins? I hate to think how many you lost in the carpets!) and that C-Dawg is happy.

May you find many co-conspirators (I know I'm conspiring for a bit of outside times myself), and have a good long weekend. And I expect you'll quickly come back to the writing game - you make an anecdote about mosquitoes interesting, after all.

Victoria said...

Oh no E, that's no fun at all! Hope you get some down time soon.

Those mosquitos Jason, I tells ya! ;) Happy long weekend.

Anonymous said...

-"Cool Beans Man." -Ha. That's Great.
Here's To Words...
(An elaboration: [From whence it came from, 'I do not know.' (yet)]:
'Exceptional {Antonyms for seed:} _Being_ Dude.'

Furthermore, 'Great Stock People.'

[Articulation Towards The Populace.]

-And so on and so on and so...

"Cool Beans People." (Hey, I thought you were from CDN?!)

Victoria said...

... ok :)