Wednesday 8 July 2015

Not An Update

As of today, I haven't heard a peep from that guy.

Which doesn't really bode well for a friendship, or anything beyond that.

When I stop to think about it I have to take the time to remind myself it has nothing to do with me.  Whatever reason he has for not being in touch, I will never know unless he chooses to tell me so there's no point guessing.  But man oh man do those un-supportive voices want to try to run away with the "awful things he must be thinking."

Yeah, no.  Sorry voices.  Go play somewhere else.

Stupid voices.

Still feels weird though.  And reminiscent of the times I've gone on an internet meeting date and had them say "this was great, let's do it again" and then they drop off the face of the earth.

But, hey, thinking about that will give the voices and edge and let's not do that, ok?

Ok.

So, how's your Wednesday going anyway?  Are you having a nice summer?

Ha!  An update:  About twelve hours after I typed this post up he messaged me.  Sorry, I forgot about you!  Hope all is well.  My bad.  

 Ok.  Shrug.  (Not a terribly flattering thing to say gentlemen, by the way, but props for honesty I suppose?)

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

He has an interesting approach, to be sure.

Glad you're doing your best to ignore the anxiety voices, though.

And my Wednesday is going okay!

Victoria said...

Glad you're having (did have) a good Wednesday! Wow, that word seems like I really didn't spell it right at all.... Wednesday. Weird.

Elliott said...

Not the earth-shattering response you were hoping for, but at least he had the decency to text and not leave you hanging.

This is definately his issue and not yours...so keep those bad voice buried. This is his loss, not yours.

Wednesday was OK...month end is officially over and all presentations have been made and they went well. Played 9 holes of golf after dinner and bogeyed 9 to shoot 1 over.

Victoria said...

Glad your month end was survived and sorry about the bogey? (I think 1 over is good but what do I know anymore?) ;)