Monday 20 July 2015

Slipping, Slipping, Slipping

Realizing it's the twentieth of July makes me scratch my head somewhat.  But, I'm enjoying the summer days so not complaining that time keeps on moving forward. 

I had a busy weekend this weekend.  Assisted Jason on three different shoots, and managed to get through the return of the heat.

Did a lot of sorting and cleaning in my place too, which always feels good.  I have a hard time getting rid of t-shirts though.  It's not that I wear them, but so many of them have a sentimental attachment of some kind that I just can't seem to part with.  But... then they're taking up space in my not so large place and, well, if I'm not wearing them and not even looking at them... why keep them, eh?

I feel like I should go through some of the boxes I have stuffed in the back of my closet but I know I did that within the last year or so and there's probably not a whole lot more to do at this point.  Maybe before I move next time.  I mean, assuming I will.  (Odd thought, really.)

Sorting through some thoughts too, and hoping some better thought patterns can be learned.

Got frustratingly hooked on a tv show that I honestly don't really enjoy all that much but the drama keeps bringing me back.  Ugh. 

So, yeah.  Cleaning, heat, photo shoots, good/bad tv show.  Weekend. 

Happy Monday y'all.

4 comments:

Anne Roy said...

You could check to see if you have a photo of yourself wearing these sentimental t-shirts ... that might allow you to pitch the ones that are no longer wearable.

Jason Langlois said...

Damn, you remind me that I desperately need to clean out my closets.

Victoria said...

OOOh, good idea Anne! Man, my slice of the internet is brilliant! :D

Sorry Jason ;)

Elliott said...

I also have a pile of t-shirts from concerts, high school teams, resident floors, and other teams that I haven't been able to part with. I don't look at them often, but when I see one at the bottom of a drawer or back of closet, they make me smile remembering all the good times and good friends I haven't seen in years.

And lately some of those friends have taken to posting team/class photos on FB, which has caused a huge amount of reminiscing and smiles and comments...especially since it's pushing 30 years that have slipped by.

It's hard to part with tokens from the various times in your life.