Tuesday 14 July 2015

The Doctor

I sometimes wonder how people figured things out.

Like, cranberries.

Cranberries, apparently, are collected or harvested or whatever by, like, floating.

Like the cranberry plants on the cranberry farm will be planted in an area that will have raised sides and then they flood it and the berries float and are scooped up.

Who figured that out?  And how?  Why?  And did they try it with other things? 

Man... so many weird things I just want to have been there when they figured it out.

So I guess I want to time travel just for a bit of a time and then pop back out so I can be like, oh, it was Steve in Luxembourg.

Or whatever.

Probably not a Steve.  But you know what I mean, right?  So weird.

3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Totally know what you mean. I want to be there when the first guy tried to sell people on the idea of the bow.

"Okay, guys, I know this throwing sharp sticks thing is working, but what if, and just go with me here for a sec, what if we tied this string to this piece of wood and ... okay, okay, this part is going to seem crazy ... we put this much tinier stick like this and... oh damn, dropped it. No really, guys, this is a great idea, c'mon, give me a chance..."

Elliott said...

Who thought it would be a good idea to try getting milk from a cow? Or a goat? Just because their offspring can drink it, who thought it would be a good idea for humans?

And how people died trying to figure out mushrooms we can eat? Or berries?

I wouldn't want to have been the food tester, that's for sure.

Victoria said...

OMG I never thought of that one Jason! lol

Yeah, right E. Whoops, Steve died, don't eat that. Pffft, not my job thanks ;)