Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Not Moth Mystery

I don't remember exactly when I first noticed it but at some point I found some small holes in one of my shirts.

I figured it was a moth (because that's what they do? I don't know, mothballs keep them away because they... eat clothes or something) and didn't think much more about it.

Would see another one in another shirt and go huh, you know, I really don't see a lot of moths around, oh well, just a small hole, I'll sew it up.

And then I found a few more.

And more.

And more.

And then I got a new t-shirt type thing and the next day it had a hole.  Always in the same place I notice.

Maybe it's a long necklace I wear that's catching?  Ok, stop wearing the necklace.

Oh, I never wear it with that shirt and that shirt has holes now too.

Can't be my washing machine, it's always in the belly button area. Rarely elsewhere, although I did find one hole in a shoulder.

Don't wear a belt.  What is happening?

Ran my fingers over my buttons, they don't seem sharp... is it the pants .... corner edge?  Is that somehow... I don't even know!

So basically anything that's t-shirt cottony type material has a small hole or two just a bit lower than my belly button area at the mid bottom area.  (Bottom as in bottom of the shirt, not my bottom, ahem.)

I have no idea how or why it's happening so I have no idea how to stop it.

But I wish I knew what was going on because whenever I find a new hole I get annoyed.  And I end up sewing them closed so they don't spread.  Or something.

It's kind of poopy.

8 comments:

Elliott said...

You should take that fancy belly-button ring out...

Or your laundry facilities have something that catches?

Or you have a little troll living in your apartment that is playing silly tricks?

Out of ideas...

Victoria said...

Ah yes, the fancy poky sharp belly button ring.

I wondered about the laundry machines but the holes are generally nowhere else.

Troll?

That's sounding more likely ;)

Jason Langlois said...

Weirdly, googling for 'holes in clothes' turns up a bunch of people with the same problems...

Victoria said...

Seriously? Somehow I don't know if that makes it better or worse! lol

Jason Langlois said...

I'm imagining a bunch of really pissed off brownies and sprites running around houses now, complaining about how no one leaves out porridge and honey for them anymore. So they go around poking random holes in clothes and moving our car keys around.

Victoria said...

Oh geez, that's probably totally what it is! Gotta go put out some porridge! ;)

Kate said...

I have the same thing - sorry to tell you but it's most likely the moths! Well, the larvae of the moths. I never saw any actual moths either but after some research found out that it's the baby larvae that eats the holes into all your lovely clothes. Moth balls - STAT!

Victoria said...

Waaaaaahhhhhhhh... *sob*