Monday 17 August 2015

Oh My

I'm on a boat!  (Sorry if that gives you an earworm)

But yeah, at some point today I will be boarding, for the first time, a cruise ship.  I won't get in to the thoughts I have about the cruise industry and all that, I'll just focus on the positive, which is that I'm excited to spend time with my family, and to see this part of the world, and to find out what it's like being on a cruise.  Positive spin for the win!

As I generally try to do when I'm going away, I've tried to pre-write some posts and schedule them to post while I'm out on the ocean.  (Or, as the case may be, down in the desert.  It's interesting that both of my trips are into the States, but to very different physical, environmental portions of it.  From glaciers and green and water to dry, desert and dust.)  As I sit here, staring at the computer screen I'm finding this a daunting task.  In theory, I need to have twenty four pre-scheduled posts ready in order to cover my two trips and the two days of frenzied unpacking and laundry doing and grocery shopping and  repacking in-between and nevermind the anticipatory stress of having to jump into two weeks worth of catch up at work once I return.  (Breathe)

So, twenty four posts seems utterly daunting and I don't know what I'll manage so we shall just have to see what turns up here in the next few weeks, shan't we.

(Weird word to say... shan't.  I don't know if I can hear it in my head without a fancy English accent.  Shan't.  Anyway....)

I'll probably shut the comments off on most of the posts just so I don't feel like I have to come home and read anything when I'll probably just want to come home and shower and rest.

(But there's always that come home battle of geez I want to tidy up my mess and put everything away vs ahhhhh home.... my bed's going to feel so damn good.  Coming home from Burning Man is always extra tiring because of the dust in and on everything that you now need to wash and try not to get all over your place.  Ahhhh washing machine... we shall be good friends soon enough you and I.)

So, yeah.  One down, twenty three perhaps to go?  That's, like, a lot.  Not even sure it's doable at this stage... What I might end up doing is posting every second day or so.  That'll make sure things still roll along here without making me feel stressed about something that's meant to be fun and light.

Maybe that.  We shall see.  Wish me luck!