Friday 7 August 2015

Twists

I'm on a couple of social media type sites and in some Burning Man groups on them.

For the last year or so I've followed some photographers and last week one of them followed me back and we started talking.

Or, messaging, really, about cameras and what we were going to shoot with at Burning Man this year.

I'd seen this guy's work around and he seemed very "burner"-esque to me so I was surprised that he'd only been a year before me for his first.  I don't know, that somehow made me feel like less of a ... newbie or something?

Anyway.  He's one of a few people that I've said, hey, yeah, we should try to meet up this year, that would be cool.

Except, it's hard to explain why that's not as easy as it sounds... but that's not the point.

The point is it's making me nervous to meet someone, this someone, because he thinks I'm cool.  And maybe when we meet we might like to smooch.  And then it's like, uh... bye, never see you again?

I don't know, I'm sure I'm reading too much into it (I do that on occasion you know!)  (I know you know) and it won't be anything more than a way to push myself out of my comfort zone of meeting people there.  Which is weird, because I met people last year.  Am still in contact with them, and really looking forward to seeing them again.  So... I don't know why this makes me feel more shy except it's a purposeful meeting rather than a random, hey, you're camped next to me, hi kind of meeting.

So, yeah.  I have a few people I've connected with on line and we've said we'll try to find each other this year.  Which is cool.

And this one particular person?  Well... he could be smooch worthy. 

And what an amazing place to have a first date, eh?

Or not.

Not a date. 

Just a hi.

Gah.  Let's not get my brain overthinking, ok?   Let's just see if I can't get back into post writing habits so I can head out of town for a trip or two and not leave you staring at an empty blog for weeks!

I didn't say nothin.

The end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

-Is that picture Brentwood Bay....ferry and all? Top of your vehicle as well?

-J.

Victoria said...

You know what J? The photo is from so long ago I don't know anymore. It's likely the top of the vehicle I was travelling in, but I'm not sure if it was Brentwood ;)