Tuesday 8 September 2015

Balance Is Not Being Stationary, It's Constant Shifts And Adjustments

As I sit here, composing posts, (and I've been at it for the better part of a morning so far here, as well as an hour or two last night), I'm having to remind myself it's all ok, and that I still have time.

Because, you see, at the time of this writing, it's a Saturday, and I leave for Vancouver tomorrow, a Sunday.  And we board the ship on the Monday.  And I'm not packed yet.

I'M NOT PACKED YET!!!!

Yes, I have the clothes vaguely laid out and somewhat thought through and I have my lists I will check, but when I get up to stretch or to pee or something, I see things that I feel like I should be dealing with.  Like my phone charger.  Or the pile of workout gear in the hallway.  My brain starts to get panicky and tells me YOU GOTTA PACK!!! 

At which point, I stop, and breathe and remind myself I have all of the rest of today, and tonight if I need it, and even some time tomorrow (Sunday morning)  It's ok.  It's going to get done.  And I remind myself that getting this writing completed is also something I wanted off of my mind and that I'm choosing to take the time to do this now, and within another hour or so I'll be free, completely free to pack and check on things and make last minute lists and so it's fine.  It's all good.  I've got it under control.

Yeah, that's right, I'm self talking myself.  It's funny when I think about it that way but it's also something I'm glad I've learned.

I saw a "behind the scenes" (not back to school!) video the other day that showed bloopers of a burner artist making her indegogo campaign video.

In that blooper reel, she'd make a mistake, stop and then say to herself "I've got this.  Cuz I'm awesome."  And I really liked that.  It's kind of adorable (as is she) and I feel like it's something I should try saying to myself.  I've got this, cuz I'm awesome.

So I will get packed, I will.  And I will ensure I've got what I need and what I want for the trip and I'll even, I bet, have some free time this evening to relax and watch more Friday Night Lights.  It's all going to be fine.  Things will get done.  There's an entire day left yet, and the night if I need it.  It's all good.  Relax.  Don't let your worries get in your way.  There's still time.

Deep breath.  Now get back to writing, would ya?