Tuesday 29 September 2015

Fine For Now

I have my laptop back, which is so nice.  (I did borrow my parents' for the week as they're away at the moment but man is it frustrating to use someone else's computer and forget all the shortcuts and trackpad movements aren't the same!)  The repair place couldn't replicate the issue (doesn't that always seem to happen?  Same when I take my car in... so it's doing this thing intermittently?  Yeah, we couldn't make it happen....) so I suppose it's just a matter of either ... everything's fine?  Or, it'll go nutty again and either I'll be in the last days of my extended warranty or I won't.

Will deal with that if and when I have to.  Here's hoping I don't have to.

Because I didn't have my computer to do the things I would normally do in the evenings (photo editing, watching a show, etc) I ended up re-reading my posts from my last two visits to Burning Man.

It was interesting.

First of all because it's kind of annoying to read blogs that have already been published as they aren't in an order that works for my brain.  And because I kind of just wanted to read about the journey already, none of this random other stuff that had nothing to do with the trip.

It was also hard to re-read some of the struggles I went through.  Especially with my body and with Jay that first year.  It was really nice though to have the memories to look back on and to have a record of small details that I might otherwise have forgotten, because those memories brought back other memories and made them more vivid.

So I'm glad I've got those memories written down, even if they're not 100% or 24/7.

Which reminds me.... the tv show 24?  If it was actually twenty four hours in that guy's day, why did he never have to pee?  Shouldn't, like, a few minutes have been him in the bathroom or something?

Anyway...

Yeah.  Computer's back.  Is "ok", and that'll have to do for now.

Aaaaaand now I have to pee.  Thanks, Jack Bauer!

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I've always argued that a realistic 24 show would start with 4-5 episodes of Jack Bauer in bed hitting the snooze button.

Victoria said...

SERIOUSLY!!!!! Or at least an episode of up.... stretch... yawn... make eggs... etc. ;)