Saturday 19 September 2015

Stamps!

So so far, every year I've gone to Burning Man, I've tried to send postcards home.  There are post offices in Black Rock city and those of us who love mail (me, me!) can get something in the mail that's been cancelled with one of their post offices.  And it's cool.

Plus, doesn't everyone like getting something in the mail that's not a bill?  YAY!

But, my first two years, finding stamps in the States proved to be difficult. 

Because we travel down on a weekend, the post offices we might happen to come across are generally closed.  And the places I asked at (gas stations, grocery store) never sold stamps.

So I'd have to rely on asking very nicely at the BRC post office (I offered to help deliver mail last year in exchange for some stamps, man that was hard work!) and the year before that one of the gals I'd travelled with had a couple of extras she let me buy off of her.

This year, I was determined to keep trying to find stamps and after forgetting to ask at the grocery store (and not bothering to ask at the liquor store!) I randomly asked at a... don't know what to call it... Fred Meyer kind of store?  An "almost everything" store?  And they had stamps!  YAY! 

I'd finally managed to buy stamps to send postcards back home!  I did it!  Yay me!

So, stamps in hand, I then utterly, completely forgot about post cards, post offices and stamps for the entire trip until I got home and was unpacking and found my treasure, long awaited US stamps.

D'oh!

So hopefully next year, or next trip to the states, I can remember that I have stamps and can mail a letter back home to Canadia land!

So yeah... yay me but... uh... ooops!?

2 comments:

Anne Roy said...

I found this site -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11836635/Burning-Man-2015-Revellers-gather-for-week-long-party-in-the-desert-in-pictures.html?frame=3427920

and wondered if you were in any of the photos ...

Anne, Cdn in England

Victoria said...

Cool pics :) But, no, none of me, although technically I'm probably in this one! ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11836635/Burning-Man-2015-Revellers-gather-for-week-long-party-in-the-desert-in-pictures.html?frame=3427989