Tuesday 15 September 2015

The Fifteenth

Today is mid way through September, which is funny, because I really feel like the middle of August was just yesterday.

It's certainly been about that long since I've sat down and written anything, really at all.  For the first time, I didn't sit at the end of each evening at Burning Man and record my day.  More on the why of that will become clear as I do what I can to write about my experience this year.

Which, I'm not sure how that will go, to be quite honest.  I want to remember it all, every moment, but it has all blurred together... was blurring together even as it happened, and so there may be moments that are lost in my mind.  Perhaps just for now.  Perhaps for ever.  And there's also part of me that wants to keep it all close.  To not share.  To just hold the magic in my heart and not let go of it.

So I will be patient with myself.  And my heart.  And my stories.  And what's going to get told will get told.  In its own time.  A summary?

The cruise was nice.

Burning Man was incredible.  And I very much want to keep it a secret, while also wanting to shout it from the rooftops.

So baby steps.

And patience.  I have no notion of how this story will tell itself, so I won't force it.  You know? 

5 comments:

Elliott said...

We'll be here to read as it does...slowly or quickly.

I can only hope it involves you finding a special someone.

Jason Langlois said...

Whatever story you decide to tell will be interesting.

Victoria said...

Thanks you two. Always such gentlemen and so supportive. You keep me feeling like it's worth keeping going. Thank you. You rock!

Jonathan said...

Sitting here with the biggest grin in the world :)

Victoria said...

Well there you go then ;)