Wednesday 9 September 2015

Ugh

I'm only writing this as a post because it's happening as I'm sitting here pre-writing posts, but I'm having a banana bad stomach moment.

Like, I first noticed it when I would stay over at Jason's last year and not being able to eat most breakfasty things for gluten reasons, I'd have a banana for breakfast and wait to eat for real when I got home.

But one time I did that and then almost immediately felt nauseated and ended up throwing up. 

I put it down to nerves or something, but really I had no idea and it weirded me out, but I forgot about it.

And then it happened again.  Breakfast and some gluten free toast I'd brought and?  Got sick to my stomach. 

Which triggered the memory of it happening before at Jason's.  Could it be the banana I wondered?  Nah... probably just co-incidence.

Except I think it happened again and I realized ok, I clearly should stop having bananas on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, my tummy doesn't seem to like it.  So I stopped.

But just a few minutes ago, I had to stop writing these "I'm going away soon and want to leave things for people to read" posts because it was an hour past lunch and I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast.  So I got up and since I'm currently trying to not buy groceries until I'm back so they won't go bad, but also trying not to leave anything around like, say fruit, that might go bad, I decided I'd have a banana.  Fruit, decent, reasonably filling.

And now, here I am, just after eating the banana feeling like I'm going to throw up.

I'm distracting myself by writing about it, and I took some Gaviscon too but man, what is the deal with my stomach and not liking bananas in particular when it's empty?  I no like.  Bad banana, bad.  Sorry poor tummy, I didn't think it would be an issue as it's not breakfast!