Tuesday 1 September 2015

You Guys?

You guys I love sleeping in. 

I mean, I used to love actually sleeping in late (I could sleep til 11 easy.  Sometimes one but those were the late nights.)  But now it's not so much the time (I generally am up within the same hour every day, even on non work days I'm not up much later than normal, it keeps my sleep schedule solid.) as it is the luxury of not having to get up.

I love being able to take "just five more minutes" for as long as I want.  I devour that feeling of being able to roll back over and go back to sleep because I don't have to be anywhere or do anything, I can just frigging sleep.

It's so cozy and comforting.

Sleeping in on holidays isn't quite the same as there's often a feeling of "Oooh, I want to get up and see/do/experience whatever is out there" because you've gone to this place to see/do/experience something and you don't want to spend all day in bed, so even on holiday there's a sense of "I should get up now" even if it's just to go lay on a beach with a book.

But when it's a long weekend or Christmas holidays or something like that?  I love just being able to stay in bed.  To quietly get up when I want, at a pace I want and to not have to do anything more than get up and sit at my couch.

Those moments of hitting the snooze button and knowing I can keep doing so as I make myself that much more comfy and cozy in my bed?  I love those moments.

A lot.