Wednesday 21 October 2015

Soon Enough

Before I'd even managed to finish the drive home from Nevada, Max had texted me that he'd looked at his work schedule and thought he'd maybe be able to come visit in November.

I was so happy.  And... "flattered" isn't the right word, but butterfly and rosy cheeks happy.  But it reinforced what I was pretty sure I knew about us anyway.  Which... happy.

I still told myself not to get TOO excited about it because work has to come first and I didn't want to get my hopes up and then him not be able to come.  But I mentioned it to a few people because I was super excited.  And because I wanted EVERYONE to meet him.

Like, for reals. 

(Which is very different from how I felt with Jason, and with Jay even... I think only Sarah and her guy met those two, and with everyone else I just... didn't.  I suppose that's telling, really.)

About a month ago, Max mentioned that he was thinking about planning another trip to New Mexico.

I didn't think much about it until he sent me a message asking if I'd like to join him in New Mexico over Christmas.

I?  Freaked out.

Kind of.

In my head.  Because... reasons!  Money, travelling... really this is happening, he asked me this, wow.

And I said of course.

And I booked my tickets the next day (after some deep breaths and flight research.)

Max then broke the not so great news that this meant he couldn't take time off in November, so wouldn't be coming to visit then. 

And I cried.

Because I'd really wanted to see him that much sooner.  And I'd wanted him to come into my space.

But I get it and I understand, I just... as I said to Max, I'm selfish with the amount of time I want to see him and spend with him.

So, I'm not going to be here for Christmas... first time I've not been at "home", and I'm totally ok with that.  I'm going to be on an adventure, with the man I love, in a place I've not been to before but that looks really pretty.

And it's really only about sixty days away.

(Which, if you "do" Christmas... you might want to start wrapping your brain around the fact that it's not too far away.)

I'm really really looking forward to this.

A lot.


6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

New Mexico is a pretty cool place to spend Christmas! I say this, having spent a Christmas there in my youth, so who knows what the decades have done to the place, but I think you'll enjoy it (Max will help).

Elliott said...

New Mexico is beautiful. My childhood next door neighbour was married in New Mexico and I went to the wedding. The scenery is breath taking.

And yes, wanting everyone to meet him is definitely telling.

Very happy for you.

Dateafrenchman said...

I've been catching up on your blog and I'm so so happy for you! Xmas in New Mexico with your beau sounds dreamy. Time will whizz by in no time, you'll see. Then enjoy every moment.
Bises,
Datea x

Victoria said...

Oh well that's cool Jason! :)

Yay E, beautiful scenery works for me!!!

Merci Datea ;)

RC said...

Every one of your posts recently has left me with a ridiculous grin :)

Victoria said...

Well, my job here is done then ;)