Wednesday 16 December 2015

Day 1: Ten Things You Want to Say to Ten Different People Right Now

I found this series of ten writing prompts on someone's blog and figured what the heck, I could use a little prompting these days.

Now, this first one, quite honestly would be easier if I could say ten different things to one person as I have a lot I'd like to say to Max right now but ... well, anyway.  Ten things I want to say to ten different people right now.

1. Thank you.  Really.

2. I don't understand.  I just don't.  And the fact that you won't be thoughtful enough to even try to explain it to me just makes me understand even less.

3.  It's not your fault.  You're the best part of it all.

4.  You don't need to worry about me, I'm ok, and your ideas aren't working for me right now.  I'm not you.

5.  He's a huge jerk and I don't know how you can't see it.  Or maybe you just don't care?

6.  I wish you knew who I was really, but you don't seem interested and I wish you liked who I was because it makes me sad that you don't.

7.  I think you're everything that's wrong with (spy work) right now. 

8.   I'm sorry I can't afford to get you a more expensive gift, I hope what I have for you is enough.  But I also don't think gifts should matter and we give them too much emphasis, especially at this time of year.  It's too bad.

9.  I need to be held.  Lovingly.  And allowed to cry or sob or sleep or whatever it is. 

10.  Could you please please please find a way to make that taste just as good but be gluten free?


4 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

It's been FAR too long. I got swallowed by Wordpress, and have been running here there and everywhere - but I can at least offer virtual hugs across the distant reaches of the internet :)

Jason Langlois said...

That's quite a list.

But of them all, I think we all know that the gluten free one is impossible.

Victoria said...

Thanks J. I always know you're around even if you're not, you know, around :)

Well Jason, that's what I'd like to say to the owners of Pizzaria Prima Strada!!!! PLEASE!

Elliott said...

Interesting list. I'm assuming 7 is about your boss...I'm in same boat.

And we'll assume number 1 is for your virtual cheerleaders.