Wednesday 23 December 2015

Day 6: Five People Who Mean A Lot to You (In No Particular Order)

1. C-Dawg.  She's a fun friend and a good friend and a close friend and all sorts of good things.  It sometimes surprises me how long we've known each other.  And we're neither of us quite exactly sure how we started to be friends and all that.

2.  Jason.  He is sometimes difficult to be with or deal with but he is a good person and has been there for me in some of my really tough times over the last couple of years.  He is always encouraging and I know he cares for me and wants what's best for me.  He makes me believe good things about myself, even if he has to yell at me to make me believe them.

3.  My family.  I know that's not just a person, it's more than one, but still, they'd take up probably the whole list otherwise.  Good people.  Mean well.  We love each other. 

4.  Sarah (and her guy).  Sarah (and by extension her guy, with the exception of a year or two when he went travelling around the world and broke her heart but then came back and moved in with her and I forgave him and yay!) is always there for me and always listens and is always supportive.  We've known each other for evar and she's really good people.

5.  Max.  Right now it's true.  And this will infuriate some of you I'm sure, but I also don't care right now.  He was a wonderful experience and I have never before experienced and shared such a joyful love before.  Everything about the "us" felt so perfectly right to me and he did and currently still does mean a lot to me.  This may change or fade with time, but for now, it's the truth of how I feel.

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

From reading your blog, this list is exactly what I would have expected. And I am kind of glad to see Max on this list - perhaps if you do this again next year, he'll have dropped off, but for this year especially he had such an important impact (positive and negative) that I'd be surprised if he didn't mean a lot.

And if I don't get a chance to before the day, I'm going to take it now to hope you have a good Christmas despite the anxiety and stress. Reading your words has become an important part of my daily routine, and I appreciate you greatly for sharing with us.

Happydog said...

I too am glad to see Max on your list. Good and bad he definitely played an important part in your life. And I also wanted to wish you a Merry Holiday. Christmas isn't my favourite time of year--no specific reason loved it as a kid--so whatever and however you get through it CHEERS!

Victoria said...

Thank you Jason, you have me crying. Your comments always make me feel good, and I appreciate that very very much. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Oh, I'm with you on that Happydog, used to love Christmas but now it's not my best time of year for sure. So yes, Merry Holiday to you too and here's to getting through it! :)

Elliott said...

No surprises for me on this list. These are the people that I was expecting, including Max. There's no denying that he means a lot to you at this point in your life.

Thank you for sharing. I always enjoy reading your posts and these lists have made me stop and thinking. That is a good thing, especially during this time of year.

Jonathan Beckett said...

Now I have a goal for the year - to get onto your list :) (and I better start practicing doodling a bit more!)

Victoria said...

Thanks E. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts too.

Yes Jonathan, more doodling!!!