Tuesday 15 December 2015

Huh

So I may pretend I never said this but yes, another realization to share with you.

A few times lately, I've looked in the mirror and gone huh, you're kind of pretty!  Or something nice like that.  Which is a bit of a surprise.  One, that I see it, and two, that I see it and say it.

Somehow this made me think of how having and using a laptop (Apple would like to point out that it's not a laptop at all, it's just a portable computer, thank you very much don't put it on your lap, the end) ends up making me feel a whole lot less attractive than I kind of actually am.  Let me explain.

When I use my laptop, it is generally on my lap.  Either reclining on the couch, or lying down on the couch.  And when I use it, I can almost always see a reflection in it.  And that reflection, especially if the screen is dark (ie. watching a show on Netflix with the black background) I can see myself.  My own face.  And neck.  And chin.  All of these at the worst possible angle.  Seriously.  And I'd never thought of it before!

If I spend a fair amount of time (and I sadly do, something I'd like to change) staring at this reflective surface of my laptop and seeing very unattractive reflections of myself, no wonder I don't think I look good.  I'm looking at the worst of me all the time!

I think this was a somewhat reassuring realization, that other than perhaps small children and pets, no one but me is seeing me from this unflattering angle as much as I'm seeing myself from it.

Seriously!  Bad laptop, bad!



 
The importance of angles

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

This is an important photography lesson, as well. :)

Elliott said...

Congratulations on verbalizing that thought...to yourself and the world. Another one of those many babysteps...

Victoria said...

Sure is Jason :)

Thanks E. Thinking about you and your work/job situation.

Unknown said...

You should tell yourself you're pretty every day!!!

Elliott said...

Thanks V. I appreciate that. The good thing is that when I refuse to move to the US, there will be a job, but I will hate it...but a paycheque.

Victoria said...

Thanks Lily ;)

Ok then E.... *hugs*