Tuesday 26 January 2016

Really?

Went for a walk Sunday with a friend and because the weather was nice and we had a ton to talk about it ended up being about two and a half hours of walking.  Which was great and meant I had a super nice bath after because once I cooled down my body decided to hobble like I was 80.

And then I ended up doing the same thing today after work with a friend with a new baby and although we only walked for maybe an hour and a bit this time, by the time we were nearing my street, I was starting to have to walk funny.  Because I was getting a blister!  On the soft pad of my foot where it's like the base of your toes.  *whimper*

And then I got home and someone was like, hey, do you want to come meet me for a quick coffee?  And I almost asked them if they'd come pick me up even though it was a block away, but instead I threw on bandaids, my runners and exercise socks.

But really... ow!  It's one thing to get a blister on a toe or on a heel but on the actual part you have to walk on!  Nooooooooo.

Guess that's why sports socks are what they are and I suppose my regular normal socks and shoes aren't really all that awesome for longer walks.

But now I know, right?

Poor little feetses.


2 comments:

Elliott said...

Blisters on feet suck. No two ways about it. I got a small one on the top of big toe below the nail from cross country skiing on the weekend. Not fun.

On the plus side, yay for lots of walking. Exercise is supposed to help with the negative thoughts, hope at least that worked for you.

Victoria said...

It does help, yes. But, ow ;)