Friday 19 February 2016

Insert Mystery Type Theme Song Here

Ok, so.... my neighbourhood seems to have a banana mystery.

Or, really, just one tiny spot in my neighbourhood does.

You see, there's a street I walk along that takes me to the grocery store and I noticed a few weeks ago that one particular tree had a banana peel left at its base.

Some time later (I can't remember if it was days or a day or week or weeks)?  Several banana peels.  (All brown by now)

Next time?  All the brown ones and a newer yellow one!

Someone was eating bananas and disposing of the peels under this one tree.  WHY?  WHY????

Someone else must have noticed because for a few of my walks there, they were gone.

But now?  Peel.

A little further away from the tree but still!  WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHYYYYY?

I find it a little bit funny, if still littery and lazy but.... really... what is going on in this person's mind?

And why aren't I rich and silly enough to buy a nanny cam to install on the tree so I can find out!  I mean, I suppose it could be my friend Buddy the squirrel or an escaped gorilla or something.  But.... really, I just want to know.  Does the person sit there and leisurely eat and drop?  Or is it a stop on their walk to work and that's just when they're done eating?  WHYYYYY?????

Inquiring minds want to know.

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I feel like someone lives 1 banana away from the tree, and the distance varies slightly depending on the size of the banana.

So they walk from home eating the banana, and toss it when done ...

That or its a very defective banana tree.

Victoria said...

That's my "most normal" guess too! Also, FRESH ONE TODAY! ;)

Jason Langlois said...

I think you'll need to include a banana update in every blog post from now on.

Or, if you're stumped on what to post, just post the banana peel count.

Victoria said...

Current status, one brown peel near the sidewalk edge and one slightly brown but mainly yellow one near the tree trunk!!!