Monday 15 February 2016

Itsy Bitsy And All That

Well the plus side of the rain coming back has been that the ants have stayed hidden.

But since we seem to have skipped winter entirely this year, I'm sure they'll be back, but the land...lord.. manager type person is going to call the ant guy anyway.  Sorry little guys...

I also realized yesterday that I've made it through what has typically been the harder part of the year for me!  Yay!  I made it through Christmas and Valentine's Day and stuff!

Plus the days are getting longer!  I can see it!  And that's so nice.

I've had some weird, sort of frightening (stress?) dreams lately, including the one last night/morning that had my family and I on a cruise that was not a cruise it was sort of Titanic like (I don't know what that means) and more like being on a ferry (you just sat in a seat like on an airplane) and we were being taken off like we were being taken to an internment camp or something awful and I was trying to put all my things into a backpack including both of my umbrellas (I don't know!) but I could tell I had a bladder infection and no one else knew the bad guys were bad except me because they were only sort of starting to be mean and so I tried to ask them for cranberry juice or something but then I realized I probably actually had to pee so I woke up instead.  Un fun, man.

I had a really really bad week or so there anxiety/stress/worry wise but felt a lot better this weekend.  A combination of things I like to think.... acupuncture, the herbal thingies she gave me to try, a relaxation exercise I did with my counsellor, and shutting my brain off from thinking about a couple of things for a while.

Cadbury's Creme eggs have come out again, apparently, but I'm going to continue my dual purposed not eating of them as a sacrifice to the Burning Man ticket gods until after ticket sales from the last few years.  (Bonus being I don't eat my weight in them and save myself the calories, and the possibility that that sacrifice will continue to give me extra ticketing luck.)

I really do think that my body takes sugar and converts it directly to weight.  I really do.  I don't think that's a thing, particularly, but it would explain some of the weight loss I've seen happen this last little while of being off my usual dosage of sugar.

It's not really something I want to mess with either, but I imagine if I were to have a few of them there eggs post ticket sales my scale might reflect it pretty darn quick.

Which brings me around to.... why is it so easy to do the things we don't really want to do (put on excess weight, be miserable) and so much harder to do the things that are healthy?  It really should be the other way.

Annnnyway....  happy Monday.  Or, happy half of chocolate sales day, if that's your thing!

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I've always wished that exercising was a tasty and fun as a bag of chips. I'd be soooo in shape.

Victoria said...

Oooooh! ME TOO! :)