Wednesday 24 February 2016

Whyyyyyyyy?

This is for any of my long haired friends, or, really, for anyone who knows the answer to this...

I've been growing my hair for a while now.  Not for any particular reason.  A year or two ago, I (my hairdresser) bleached and then died the underlayer and now it's back to "regular" colour but still bleached under that, if that makes sense.

So that hair is a little more fried than my regular hair.

And here's the thing.  I've noticed that especially with this one scarf I have, an "expensive" one, that section of hair (back under layer) gets all knotted up and scrunched up whenever I wear it!

Whaayayayayayyyyyyyy?  Is it an interaction between this particular material or is it just that my hair is longer?  Is it this bleached hair's coarseness and this scarf?

Maybe the next time I get my hair trimmed, I'll remember to ask my hairdresser but dudes, it's so weird!  It gets it really all birdsnest-y knotted up and I don't think I move my head around that much.  What's the deal?

It's starting to weird me out.

4 comments:

Elliott said...

Sorry, dude with short hair that never wears a scarf. No help.

My girls both have long hair and love scarves and have never complained of this issue. Sorry, again, no help.

Victoria said...

It's got to have something to do with the formerly bleached hair catching on... the whatever it is fibres. Went for a super long walk this weekend and came back with MASSIVE knots that took forever to carefully comb out! Dude

Jason Langlois said...

There's only one solution (not really) - cut it all off and start over from scratch.

Victoria said...

You so smart! ;)