Tuesday 8 March 2016

Heh. My Brain Is Teh Funny Sometimes

Was going through some poem drafts yesterday and found this one. 

It's about my bed.  Just written as if it was about a lover or partner.  Because bed.  Sleep.  So awesome.

Happy sigh.

I love me my bed and my sleep y'all.


So here you go, my sleep romance poem!  Heh


sometimes I feel like all I'm doing is making the hours tick away until I can be with you again
and then when it's time for us to part, I don't want it to end
I want to lie in your embrace for all time
where everything is perfect
and quiet
and calm
warm
safe
at peace
I notice your absence keenly
when you keep yourself away from me
but of late
while all else in my world is difficult
and hard to bear
you have been there for me
above all else
and for this
I am eternally grateful

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I like that poem.

Victoria said...

I wanna go back to sleep right now!