Wednesday 23 March 2016

Oh.... Good Point!

You know when you have those a-ha moments where you kind of wonder how you hadn't thought of it before but then realize that you really needed this set of circumstances to happen before you could think of it?  Yeah.

So my kitchen table is pretty much not for eating on anymore.  It's where I do my art and where I have the most used art supplies sitting (ready for insta use!)

This table is right by the big windows in my place so I get all the yummy light throughout the day.

And up until now, not a lot of heat.

Which, hey, no problem, layers, right?

Right.  Except, we had a sunny day last week (ish?) that also had a bit of warmth to the sun (YAY FOR SPRING!) and I picked up my oil pastels and they were warm.  Hmmmm I thought... I bet if these got hot enough they would melt... I should probably think about that.

And then I looked at my bottles of ink sitting there with condensation droplets inside them and I thought huh... I bet that they're not really supposed to sit in the sun/heat either.

So, yeah.... have really only been getting back into creating this much since Fall... so haven't been through the warm seasons yet with it!  May have to either learn to deal with runny, warmed up materials or fin another way to keep them close at hand.

Perhaps I should get in the habit of tidying up at the end of the day, just to eliminate the possibility of anything getting wrecked by the sun/heat...

But yeah, hadn't occurred to me until now.  Thanks for the polite warning sunshine!  I love you!

3 comments:

Elliott said...

I bet that timely discovery just saved you a pretty penny in art supplies. That stuff is not cheap.

Glad the sun was your friend and warned you before you lost a bunch of supplies.

Jason Langlois said...

Art coolers aren't a thing, are they?

Victoria said...

Totally E! Thanks sun friend! :)

I bet they are somewhere Jason. I'm just scared to google it!