Monday 21 March 2016

Yay!

Well, I finally made it to the end of the book I was struggling through.


I skim read through the last chunk and skipped through a fair amount of the ending portion until I got to find out what I needed to know.  But yeah, that one, whew, done.  (Not that it was bad so much, just... didn't keep me interested.... not my thing I guess.)

I've moved on to The Martian now, which... I'm bummed that I've already seen the movie, to be honest.  Yes, I'm sure there will be differences and people have said the book is better, but going in knowing vaguely what's going to happen is a bit of a bummer.  I knew it when I decided to watch the movie too... thought to myself "self, you should maybe wait and read the book first" but.... I gave in to temptation and saw the movie and enjoyed it and figured I'd just skip the book.  But... hard to resist good stories, so here I am!  Really only just started it last night so am hoping I can somehow forget what all happens, or at least get more involved.  (And stop hearing the narrating in Matt Damon's voice!)

But yeah, blah book done, good book started, yay!  Yay for reading!

2 comments:

Happydog said...

I just read a book myself that I felt meh about. My favourite term for this kind of thing is "it wasn't for me" I read in Austin Kleon's Tumblr.

Victoria said...

Fairly put :)

(Finished The Martian already, FWIW) ;)